Friday 26 August 2011

Roundabouts!


Well todays rant is about roundabouts. Or more to the point people not using roundabouts properly!
I'm sure everybody has experienced people going all the way round a roundabout in the left hand lane, or nearly been hit by people failing to indicate.
My two recent narks on roundabouts have been all the more frustrating, and terrifying due to me being on my scooter!
A couple of months ago I was on my way to work and was heading straight over in the right hand lane. The van to my left however was going all the way round, in the wrong lane, without indicating. It managed to clip my leg as I had to swerve to make sure he didn't run me over as I exited the roundabout. This was genuinely terrifying! And has ensured I never use the right hand lane on my scooter anymore unless I have to.
The second event was tonight which happened on the very same roundabout on my way home. This time a car merging into my left hand lane, and very nearly me! whilst still going around and without indicating.
People really need to learn to use roundabouts properly, and certainly need to pay more attention to people on bikes!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment :)

xxx Ness xxx

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com